Monday, February 9, 2015

Review: Lola's Cafe

Been wanting to many reviews since last year but I never got the chance to. I'm going to post 5 reviews by today (hopefully) because I really have too many overdued posts which I wanted to do. I want to finish posting all my overdued posts asap so that my future posts that you will see will not be a overdued one.

Visited Lola's Cafe for the second time with Bianca, Mandy and Si Jie last month for their dinner. The first time I went was for their breakfast with Meihui. The third/next visit will definitely be for their brunch.


When Lola's Cafe was first conceptualized, there was one binding thought that was not to be compromised. Lola's was going to be a playful and casual environment where you could get honest, unpretentious comfort fare in the company of great friends.

We insist to serve only the food and drinks made with great love because food served from the heart is most delicious.

At Lola's you don't have to worry about which fork or knife to use, we serve heartwarming comfort fare that could be enjoyed with your fingers (we provide napkins).

Kick start your day with a hearty Full Monty Breakfast or Avocado Eggs Benedict and wind down after a hard day's work with delicious dinner dishes such as the Slow-braised Pork Goulash and Pan-Fried Duck Leg with Creamy Mash.

A meal at Lola's is incomplete without having one of our carefully crafted coffee and hand-made desserts.



Pacific Dory Burger with Dill Tatare (S$15)
Crispy Pacific Dory, Lettuce, Dill Tartare Sauce, Cheese, Straight-cut Potato Fries

Their fish was a little overcooked upon my visit, and I was definitely expecting more. They were very generous with the fries though.


Chicken Harrisa Bolognese (S$14)
Minced Chicken Sausage, Onions, Garlic, Tomato, Herbs and Spices

Si Jie had this, and I tried a little. It was good because they were really generous with the amount of fillings added to it. 


Bacon and Mushroom Spaghetti in Truffle Cream Sauce (SS14)
Pork Bacons, Swiss White Mushroom, Truffle Oil, Parmesan Cheese, Cream

I wanted to order this initially because it sounded really appealing, but when I saw the word 'truffle' in the menu, I changed my idea because I really have no idea how to appreciate the truffle taste which most of my friends love. I tried when Mandy ordered this, hoping the truffle taste to not be as strong as what I expected and I was wrong. But, I believe this definitely is a good pasta to all of you who is a fan of truffle items.


Nacho Cheese Fries (S$8)
Fries, Cheese Sauce, Spices

Bianca ordered this because she would be joining her family for dinner after our cafe date. They are super generous with the amount of fries they served. The nacho flavor was just nice and you can order this if you are looking for a side to share among your friends.



Food menu

Do take note that their brunch are only available from 10am-3pm and their dinner are only avaiable from 6pm-10pm!



Beverage menu


 Didn't take much picture of their interior because it was really crowded when I was there.



We ended our cafe date by taking some pictures.. Can't wait for the next meetup with them (:

Lola's Cafe
5 Simon Road Singapore 545893
Tues to Thurs, Sun: 10am-11.30pm
Fri to Sat: 10am-12am
Closed on Monday
Nearest station: Kovan
Phone: 6343 1808

https://www.facebook.com/lolascafesg
http://instagram.com/lolascafesg

No comments: